America in the Bible
A. Israel – Israel throughout the Bible
B. Jordan – Ammon, Moab and Edom
1. Judges 11
C. Egypt – Egypt throughout the Bible
D. Sudan – Cush, son of Ham settled in what we know as Sudan
1. Darby - Ge 2:13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: that is it which surrounds the whole land of Cush.
2. KJV - Ge 2:13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
E. Russia – Rosh a son of Benjamin
1. Gen 46
F. Iran – Persia
G. Iraq – Babylon
H. Europe – Reunited Roman Empire
I. Central Asia – Magog
L. Saudi Arabia – Sheba and Dedan
M. Libya – Put
N. Lebanon – Tyre
O. Turkey –
II Is America Babylon the Great?
A. Some say New York City is the Babylon of Revelation
1. Revelation 17-18
2. Was the World Trade Center referred to in:
a. Rev 18:9-11 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication, and lived luxuriously with her, shall weep and wail over her, when they see the smoke of her burning, standing afar off, through fear of her torment, saying, Woe, woe, the great city, Babylon, the strong city! for in one hour thy judgment is come. And the merchants of the earth weep and grieve over her, because no one buys their lading any more;
b. Jeremiah 50-51
1) Future Babylon will be the last of the super-powers – Jeremiah 50:12
2) Future Babylon is where a body of the world’s leaders assembles – Jeremiah 51:44
3) Future Babylon is the world’s policeman – Jeremiah 50:23
4) Future Babylon is extremely wealthy – Jeremiah 51:13
5) Future Babylon is a land of immigrants – Jeremiah 50:16
3. The woman on the beast – The Statue of Liberty
a. Robed in scarlet or purple – The Statue was originally robed in scarlet
b. Golden cup in her hand – Originally had a golden cup, but it was changed to a torch
c. Purple robe denotes royalty – Statue has a crown of seven spikes or horns
d. Cup contents: smelly pollutants connected to immigrants – Natural gas flame connected to immigrants
1) Revelation 15 And he says to me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues.
e. Sits on seven heads – mountains or continents – Statue’s crown of seven spikes or horns representing seven continents.
f. Represents Babylon the mega-city – Statue overlooks Babylon on Long Island000
g. Reigns over the kings of the earth - Statue overlooks the UN building
h. Mother of harlots – Statue is the mother of exiles, according to the poem on the base of the statue.
B. No - Babylon is the rebuilt city of Babylon in Iraq
1. The Babylon of Revelation 17-18 is a city not a nation that persecutes God’s people
a. Revelation 17:6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. And I wondered, seeing her, with great wonder.
b. Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all the slain upon the earth.
2. Babylon is the last-days capital of Antichrist Revelation 14:8; 16:19; 17:5; 18:2, 10, 21.
3. Babylon is mentioned 290 in the Bible and every time it is pictured as essence of evil and rebellion against God.
4. Babylon is Satan’s capital city on earth
a. Babylon is the city where man first began to worship himself in an organized rebellion against God – Gen 11:1-0
b. Babylon was the capital city of the first world ruler, Nimrod – Genesis 10:8-10; 11:9
c. Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, destroyed the city of Jerusalem and the temple in 586 B.C.
d. Babylon was the capital city of the first of four Gentile world empires to rule over Jerusalem
5. A rebuilt Babylon fits the criteria in Revelation 17-18
a. The city is on the Euphrates river,
d. Its accessible
e. Has commercial facilities
f. Could very easily be a world oil trade center
6. Jeremiah 50-51 describes a geographical location and the seven parallels to Revelation 17-18 point to them being the same city. Compare:
a. Jeremiah 51:7a – Revelation 17:3-4; 18:6
b. Jeremiah 51:13 – Revelation 17:7
c. Jeremiah 51:7b – Revelation 17:2
d. Jeremiah 50:1 – Revelation 18:10
e. Jeremiah 51:8a – Revelation 18:8
f. Jeremiah 51:30b – Revelation 17:16
g. Jeremiah 50:39 - Revelation 18:21
h. Jeremiah 50:29 – Revelation 18:6
i. Jeremiah 51:63-64 – Revelation 18:21
j. Jeremiah 51:6, 45 – Revelation 18:4
k. Jeremiah 51:48 – Revelation 18:20
III America the Unnamed Nation in Isaiah 18
A. Isaiah 18:1-2 Woe to the land shadowing with wings, which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia: That sendeth ambassadors by the sea, even in vessels of bulrushes upon the waters, saying, Go, ye swift messengers, to a nation scattered and peeled, to a people terrible from their beginning hitherto; a nation meted out and trodden down, whose land the rivers have spoiled!
1. Insignia of wings – American Eagle
2. A land beyond the sea from Israel
3. Beyond Ethiopia – eliminates Europe, Asia and Africa
4. A nation scattered and peeled – a land stretched out and having a large landmass
5. A land of polluted rivers
B. This is really the land of Cush (Sudan)
1. Read Isaiah 18-20 in context
2. Dealing with modern-day Southern Egypt, Sudan, Somalia and northern Ethiopia
3. “the land shadowing with wings” truly relates to the whirring wings of insects that infest the Nile valley area.
IV The Young Lions of Tarshish of Ezekiel 38 (the best possibility)
A. Rosh’s (Russia’s) allies
1. Magog – Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan)
2. Mechech – Turkey
3. Tubal – Turkey
4. Persia – Iran
5. Ethiopia (Cush) – Sudan
6. Libya (Put) – Libya
7. Gomer – Turkey
8. Beth-togarmah – Turkey
9. All Muslim except Russia
B. Ezekiel 38:13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?
1. The name Tarshish is mentioned 20 times in the Bible and every time refers to a land farthest to the west of Israel (Psalm 72:10)
2. the merchants of Tarshish or traders of goods
3. many equate Tarshish to England and the young lions to the Americas
4. Sheba, and Dedan (Saudi Arabia)
C. Sheba, Dedan and Tarshish put up a minimal protest against Russia and her allies
D. Tarshish probably refers to Spain or England. Jonah went to Tarshish when he was commanded to go to Nineveh (Jonah 1:1-3)
E. Look at the alignment of the Gulf War and compare it to Ezekiel 38. The United States, Western Europe and Saudi Arabia against Iraq while Russia, Iran, Sudan, Liba and most of the other Middle East and Persian Gulf nations were aligned (secretly) with Iraq.
F. If the United States is Tarshish, what happened to our power?
V A fallen America
A. America is not mentioned specifically because she will be destroyed by other nations.
1. Recent terrorist attacks seem to point to our own freedom and technology being our Achilles’ heel.
B. America is not mentioned because she will have lost her influence as a result of moral and spiritual deterioration.
1. Even so, we would still be a major military power.
C. The Rapture causes America to fall apart
1. America must remain strong until the end time to ensure Israel’s existence
a. America is Israel’s number one ally
b. Economic and military aid $3-4 billion annually
c. Our aid makes up 7 to 8% of Israel’s budget
d. America will not fall as long as we continue to support Israel Gen 12:3
2. We know that the Antichrist will promise Israel peace for 7 years
a. Daniel 9:27
b. Even the revived Roman empire prospers as long as it supports Israel
1) Strengthens throughout the first 3 ½ years
2) Peace for the first 3 ½ years
3. Antichrist and the European empire will replace America as Israel’s chief ally and major world power
a. Daniel 2:44-45; 7:23-25
4. Nature abhors a vacuum
a. If America falls to her knees because of the rapture, Antichrist and the revived Roman empire will step in to fill the vacuum
5. America devastated;
a. Barna Research Online
1) 85% of Americans claim to be Christians
2) 41% of Americans claim to be born-again Christians
a) 115 million
3) 8% of American adults identify themselves as evangelical Christians
a) 15-20 million adults
b) 10 million children
b. Patrick Johnstone estimates 23% of Americans claim to be evangelical Christians
1) Approximately 65 million
c. The rapture will take somewhere between 25 and 65 million adults
1) Also the children under the age of accountability
2) The best of America will be taken Matthew 5:13-14
3) Double the combined population of New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago and Huston
6. Why not the rest of the world? (Patrick Johnstone)
a. America – 23 % of the population claim to be evangelicals
b. Africa – 11.4 of the population claim to be evangelicals
c. Latin America – 9.1 of the population claim to be evangelicals
d. Asia – 2.7 of the population claim to be evangelicals
e. Middle East – 0.3 of the population claim to be evangelicals
f. Europe – less then 2 % of the population claim to be evangelicals
1) 45 states
2) total population 500 million
g. Turkey – The city of Izmir
1) Population 3 million
2) 200 people attend a Christian church
3) 0.006 % just attend
VI Will American troops be at Armageddon?
1. Zechariah 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
2. Zechariah 12:3 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
3. Revelation 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
B. The four final world powers
1. The king of the North
b. Muslim allies
c. Daniel 11:40; 11:5-35; Ezekiel 38-39
2. The king of the South
a. Egypt – Muslim
c. Daniel 11:40
3. The king of the East
b. India, Pakistan, Japan
c. Revelation 16:12
4. The king of the West
a. Revived Roman empire
b. Daniel 2:40-43; Revelation 13:4-8
c. NATO nations
C. Even now we are being drawn into the one world government
1. First NATO
2. The UN
3. Now GATT, NAFTA, WTO
4. The World Court
5. Removing “one Nation under God”
6. Creation of a Multilanguage America
D. Who will America side with?
1. Definitely not any Muslim confederation
2. China and company – No, we have never allied with them
3. Antichrist and the revived Roman empire
a. We are aligned with them now – NATO
b. A majority of Americans can trace the ancestors back to Europe
c. “Religious” compatibility (remember - after the rapture)
Conclusion: I believe that America will be brought to its knees from the loss caused by the rapture. What will be the affect of 25 to 65 and maybe up to155 million adults taken in the rapture; along with an unknown number of children, just disappearing? Add to that an unknown number of people killed by disappearing Christians (planes, trains, cars etc crashing, doctors and nurses disappearing from operating rooms, etc).
How close are we? Look at Russia’s attempts to align with Muslim nations. Look at Europe trying to pander to the Palestinian and Iranian terrorists. What about the American congress wanting UN approval to attack Iraq? Can you see the pieces coming together?
The Bible doesn’t categorically show America falling or how it does. There are only two ways to know absolutely what is going to happen:1) To be with Christ in Heaven watching. 2) Fail to depend on Jesus to forgive your sins and the fact that He paid for your sins on the cross and actually living to see and participate in the fall of America. As for me, I’ll be with Christ watching and I hope to see you there.
Hello internet land Hello internet land. This is Bob D. We worked really hard to give you every article I ever wrote. Just in Oc...
Bob D (5 May 2009) "Twenty little known facts about Pentecost" Twenty little known facts about Pentecost My purp...
The purging of our souls Part Two This is part two from the text in John 2 : 2 - 17. If you desire to read the pass...
God knows everything about us Let me just quote the passage in the book of John so we can get some background on the Person ...